Thursday, August 30, 2007

Football Season?

I'm not ready. It is too hot here. It doesn't feel like Chili weather. It doesn't feel like the leaves will ever change. It just isn't time for football.

The last six years have had very specific traditions linked up to football season. It was consistent. It was routine. It was comfortable.

I think the theme for my 29th year is going to be "Letting Go." Letting go of the need to have plans always set. Letting go of the need to map out the week a week in advance. Just allowing myself to unravel a little so that it doesn't always seem so tense if there isn't a PLAN!

And the world will not end if I do not see every play of the game on Saturday. I should not schedule work around the start of the game. (meanwhile inside I am thinking...I don't want to work on Saturdays! That is just going to be torture! Maybe I'll call my boss NOW and let her know I am changing my mind. Now I want to work FRIDAYS!) I am going to start the whole "letting go" thing after I figure out my work schedule. gotta go!

1 comment:

achilles3 said...

love that mind set...letting go of football mania is easy in Korea and I'm pumped to try it!