Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Superstar!

I wish I could post a picture of my Mary Catherine Gallagher inspired cheerleading move, which I revived for our staff meeting today.

I successfully performed this move while announcing to all 85 of us that "My divorce is final Tuesday." **superstar move** Thankfully there was laughter and not looks of horror. It is my intention to make this information public and light-hearted before the name change goes into effect and people are too concerned about upsetting me to ask what's up. Because truthfully, I am fine! And it is a positive move for my life. And He and I BOTH agree it is necessary. And caused by both of our poor decisions. Now WHOSE decisions came first are no longer worth arguing about. NO LONGER WORTH ARGUING ABOUT, I SAY!!

Now Achilles wants more posts. Of course he does! He also does not know that tomorrow is the first day of school. That I am going to be working and not worrying about the Walrus noises from the neighborhood or the state of my lawn. But working also gets me all, well, worked up, so I am sure more posts will be inspired by the cherubs that I get the pleasure of performing for every day.

Stay tuned, year 8 of teaching begins manana.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are too funny! Enjoy your first day of school.

achilles3 said...

wow...my own shout out!
congrats on being single again...i never left:-)

artgirl said...

woo hoo - freedom at last, right? I hope school is going well. We start the 29th - I too will embark upon year 8 of teaching today's youth....