Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sleeper Cells

I have an agreement with the bees on my property. They don't bug me, and I don't bug them. So I can sit peacefully, one will buzz ever so gently past me, and I don't freak out, flailing and squeeling like a banshee.

They have turned on me. They have used their passive nature to lull me into an unsuspecting state. And have created two forts in the railing of my deck, and now I think they are planning to surround me, leaving me helpless and my allowance of their presence taken advantage of. Could this be Bee War?

I took the angry end of a spatula to one of the forts. As I inserted the handled end, I realized that the railing was deep, meaning the fort was created similar to the Pentagon. It looks harmless and only a couple floor high, but that bitch goes down like 20! These bees had taken lessons from our own Defense Department! Oh their good!

Banging the end around inside, a couple scouts flew out, but after surveying the damage, realized I had done no harm and went back to working. The second fort, no different. I will have to resort to WMD. Chemical Warfare. These jerks cannot make me live a life lacking freedom! Freedom to grill! Freedom to sun myself! Freedom to deck drink! Freedom to do all of those self-indulgent things a Good American partakes in!

No comments: