Friday, April 27, 2007

In Laws Know...

I have not spoken with them. I have not even spoken with my own family. I don't know what I am waiting for. If it is the sale of our house, I shall be waiting for a long time. Nothing is moving. The one bite we had, turned out to be worried about the "golf course situation".

We live on a course. Not on the course, but across the street from people on the course. Nobody pees in our yard. I have never found a ball on the deck. We are safe. And the course is semi-private. And the course owners went bankrupt. But the course was purchased by a 50 something couple who, "have always wanted to own a golf course." Needless to say, I hope they are smart!

So far, the course is open, has a whole list of plans to bring it up to (pardon the pun) par, and they actually got a great chef to get the restaurant open (Spagio! sweet!). So the golf course is safe, but sure enough, not a single home sold while that drama was going on. I hope word gets out it is not going to turn into blowing weeds and government subsidized housing.

Where was I? Oh yes, why I haven't spoken to family. I just don't want people telling me what to do. Or trying to dig me out. I do not want help. I just want to get through this and come out the other end a better person.

If not a better person, surely in a better situation! HE got home yesterday at 10pm or so. Started thawing ground beef under running hot water, while the omelete pan was scorching on the burner. I didn't want to talk to him, but the sight of my Calphalon pan on the burner, smoking, made me twitch. Not to mention his solution was to pour olive oil into it.

And of course, I can't leave it at "Just turn the burner off, it is smoking!"
No.
I have to let him know that I know that he has been surfing for chicks since FEBRUARY!
Nice.
I asked him on Friday if he had created a registration again, or "re-registered." He said no.
His reason for, to me, lying, was, "This is why I am smarter than you; I answer the question asked."

Excellent. Can you see why I am not exactly sad?

No comments: