Friday, June 22, 2007

Feeling Mute

I have not said more than 5 words to someone since Tuesday. That feels really weird. And the only people I have spoken to were in the "service industry", and it doesn't really feel like it counts. (Little observation of DC...the service industry isn't that great.)

Now I guess I should clarify that I spoke on the phone to my mom and my dad. But in person to a living human being, nothin'.

Now that I am back in town, I feel like I want to talk or see someone. More importantly, I want to cook! So if you want to come for dinner, let me know :) Ha. It is Friday. Kinda short notice. Whatever...drop everything so I can talk to someone before I go buy a cat.

CHANGING THE SUBJECT (my nose itches just THINKING about cat hair)
Some more observations about DC.

1. Very few wedding rings.

2. ANOTHER person asked me directions.

3. I saw the most entertaining jewish man on the train from DC to Baltimore. He was loud, large, and had one of the funnier phone conversations ever. If I WAS actually mute, he would've made me snort, similar to Goth Girl in The Breakfast Club. His conversation went like this:
"HELL-OH?" (very loudly)
"I don't care. You want spaggheti, or a macaroni, or pizza? I could go for pizza. Oh Franks. That sounds fine." (pause)
"You know if you have anymore of the kinnish, I'd really like that kinnish with the franks. If we do Franks we'll need more ______ (insert inaudible word of something that I may have NO idea what it was)."
"Oh our trip? Well I thought we'd talk about that tomorrow."
"You want to get some bagel? And something to put on it? Make sandwhiches or something?"
Then abruptly..."bye".
Now if this is not entertaining, I will say I was mighty tired and probably punchy.

4. Arlington National Cemetery: I saw a funeral, heard the gun shots, and then saw the army wheel in three HUGE guns on wheels, and heard those fired when I was leaving. And the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was hot, like handsome, but probably sweaty too. Some wise owl told me that they had identified the remains of the unknown soldier. In no way did they notate this at the Tomb. Makes me wonder if they buried that guy with his name and such, and replaced it with remains of ANOTHER unknown. I'm sure there are MORE!

1 comment:

Sloane said...

I get into silent moods also. I think that it is very relaxing sometimes to not speak. Although if you do it too often people might start thinking that you are a bit strange.