Monday, June 4, 2007

Yes, Personality Matters.

It has been such an eventful week, but by far the most noteworthy thing that happened is not the most entertaining. I'd like to share the most entertaining.

A friend of mine works with a guy, who is tall, cute, and supposedly someone I should meet. He, upon closer inspection and a face to face meeting yesterday, is not a nice person.

I was warned that this friend in the past had been known to call people "cute" who in fact had mullets, so I was wary of what this fellow would look like. After talking to him, he didn't SOUND like he had a mullet. And because he played Tennis in college, I figured the odds of a mulleted tennis player was pretty slim. The phone conversation was a bit confusing, and not because i was drunk, because i wasn't, but more because the reception was bad. So I went ahead and scheduled a meeting for Sunday, hoping that my initial gut instinct (this guy is a jerk) was false.

I am happy to report my GUT seems to be working.

I arrived to find him sitting at the bar in a red t-shirt and baseball cap, shorts and black Chucks. He had very nice calf muscles, but it probably comes from toting around his incredibly large ego and hyperbolic self perception. For a graduate of the University of Dayton, you'd think he played tennis at Stanford. And the criticism of living in Oxford was equally hilarious, as last I checked Dayton is not exactly a pleasure paradise.

Clearly this guy didn't care if I respected him, as he had zero respect for me, or any woman for that matter. He went on to say that he'd never play golf with a girl. That he never saw any of his three siblings graduate, eventhough at least ONE graduated from Medical School (but only Pharmacy, so you know, her 6 figure salary doesn't count). He called at least three things "retarded" and didn't stop there, as he hit the side of his hand to his chest and made noises as if to mimic a handicapped person. I didn't realize people over 13 still did this! And he paid for the bill when I was in the restroom, only because, "She put them together." and then "I don't want you to think I am a nice person or anything." To which I replied with, "I figured that out already."

A coworker asked, "But was he cute enough that it didn't matter?" Clearly this coworker was a guy. It could NEVER EVER EVER not matter.

So to summarize the more important events so as not to bore you all...
I am now living in my house alone.
I had my first day of work at a new summer job Saturday; it rocked.
Friday night I had dinner at a great restaurant and got a new book, bottle of wine, and chocolates from a friend of mine.
Thursday night my students did a rockin' job presenting their final projects, and the governor's wife came and loved the projects!

2 comments:

Lisa0007 said...

Sorry that one was so painful! I guess the upside is he didn't have a mullet!!! Haha!

Unknown said...

OMG, too freakin' funny!