Thursday, June 14, 2007

Kristy Queen of Water

The last three days of my Summer of Kristy has been spent doing, among other things, watering my lawn, herbs, tomatoes, hanging baskets. It is hard keeping up with what they are saying could be a draught! And everytime the smarmy weathermen on the radio try and pacify the people of this lovely town with "ohhh possible thunderstorm!", I want to throw things at the radio. But as the only thing I'd have to throw is my cell phone, which is now surprisingly delicate and no longer up to military standards, I choose to just shake my fist and say, "ruuuuuue". Because no, it doesn't rain.

I went walking through the 'hood yesterday and my lawn is certainly not green compared to some. And my GOD some people have shade from large trees! Where did these trees come from? I have a tree, and she is pathetic in stature.

There was always a bit of a disagreement about getting a sprinkler system. It was probably that or a deck, and the deck won out. Now that I am the sole owner of this establishment, I am very pleased that the DECK does not cost an extra 200 a month, as the emmense amount of water probably would've. Likewise, I am not scampering about on the grass; so it isn't like I need lush green under my bare feet. And do NOT try and scamper on this grass now, because it is a wee painful!

And with my new pedicure, I should NOT be walking barefoot out there anyway! So see! It all works out. The new color is called: "Sun-body Loves Me". I think I prefer "My Chihuahua Bites."

No comments: