Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Illustrious Life I Lead: Bingo Show

I chose to stay in last night. That makes it sound like I did it on purpose. Or I had the option of many other things. And you know what? I had another option, but it turned into a "Couples" thing, and I wasn't feeling like being the confident girl who can hang out with all couples and be totally cool with it. I think there are times that I feel that way; this weekend, the one before my birthday, just isn't that way.

So I rented a movie (Black Dahlia), doctored up a Thin Crust Digiorno Cheese Pizza, bought a six pack of Miller Lite, and set off to enjoy my solo Friday night.

It began with watching a tivo'd Deadliest Catch. The show is addicting. And the idea that it is negative 20 and they are getting WET just amazes me. Upon the baking of my turkey pepperoni and banana pepper pizza, I threw in the dvd.

I rented it because I love Scarlett Johansson. I think a GUY is supposed to say that, but she just intrigues me. I think I am most intrigued by what it is about her that makes her sexy. I mean, is she attractive? Does her voice actually come out of HER? She speaks and it just doesn't MATCH her face.

Josh Hartnett is also in this film, and his voice over commentary throughout is irritating. I know the film was supposed to feel like a classic detective flick, with the overly-dramatic cop giving the play by play, so I guess it achieved its purpose. Oh, and I HATE Hillary Swank.

So the movie is over. I don't eat the entire pizza (yea self-control) and now the Bingo Show is on. There is actually a show, on Friday nights, where people play BINGO! And it is on A-fucking BC! For serious!? As if to say, "You are a loser at home on Friday night, and LOSERS play bingo!"

I was incensed by a couple things. First: The host is bald and looks like Howie Mandel; however, he is British. And his referees in the audience, British accents also, but they are Indian. Is it supposed to be like a Cricket Match? Do Bingo players need a ref.? Do they get feisty and need split up?

Second: Manufactured Drama. They announce how many people are only ONE bingo spot away. Suspense! Intrigue! And they talk to those lucky saps, who only have ONE more spot before they ruin the main contestants hopes and dreams!

Third: Before the huge bingo ball comes out the shoot, the contestant is encouraged to make some arm motion to signal that indeed a ball is coming. And then of course, hot Ball Grabber Girl announces what the number is on the ball.

Fourth: Hot Ball Grabber Girl

I will say, I only watched 10 minutes of this show, then retreated to my room where guess what was on the tv...Deadliest Catch! Score!

No comments: