Thursday, May 24, 2007

Reading the Signs II: Water Heater

So the heating plate on our hot water heater broke. I can take this as a sign. But I think it could go two ways.

1. Upon this occurring, I called and investigated what needs to be done and who can do it. I called M/I's warranty department. I called a friend who could possibly fix it. I even know someone that can get the part at COST. It is probably not going to be fixed today, but it will definitely get resolved. I am hoping it won't cost an incredible amount of money. But look at me taking care of all of it!

2. Another way I could look at this is that I can NOT afford this house by myself. I am pursuing taking over the mortgage so that I am living alone in my house and not sharing with a guy that doesn't want to be with me. Could this failure of a water heater be pointing me to sticking it out until it sells so as not to push me into debt and/or make me get five new gray hairs which shall be named:
lawn care,
electric bill,
water heater,
ramen noodles, and
second job.

Which way should I read this sign?

No comments: