Friday, May 18, 2007

Reading the Signs

One of my coworkers, who is on maternity leave, brought in her little baby girl. Within 2 hours, one of my students, who is in college now, brought in his puppy.

What exactly goes in the middle of thse two extremes? One is a full fledged adult, married, with two other children and a husband; the other is a sophomore in college, thinking a puppy is a good addition to his already hectic life of class and athletics.

In the middle goes a newly divorcing 28 year old, who will soon have a new home and new area of town, in need of a dog for protection and companionship, and maybe a good excuse to meet other dog-fools at parks.

Possible dog names:
Jack
Andy
Brian

I used to think I wanted a little dog, who I could carry around. Then I thought I want a big dog, something I could hug and love and definitely NOT call George.

Now I think I want a dog that will catch frisbees. Who I could teach to do the agility courses. Who would possibly rock at the crazy dog relay race I've seen on Animal Planet. I think those dogs definitely look like a Jack, Andy, or Brian.

1 comment:

Lisa0007 said...

So funny! I feel the same way about dogs. My dog, if I ever buy him and probably will never, is going to be called Lucky. I have no idea why.